Pablo Marrodan Lázaro is an associate at the firm B. Cremades y Asociados, specialising in Commercial Law, Financial and Tax Law and Civil Procedural Law. He joined the firm in March 2009.
Before joining the firm he consolidated his experience in general advisory services to capital companies with various law firms.
- Member of the Madrid Bar Association since 2009
- Master Degree (LL.M) in Company Law: Instituto de Empresa, José María Cervello Scholarship (100% financed)
- Degree in Law: Universidad de La Rioja
- Student Mobility Program, Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Acadia University
- Graduate Research Grant: Universidad de La Rioja, 2005 – 2006.
- Spanish: Mother tongue
- English: Good written and oral skills
Pablo engages in general advisory services in company law to national and international companies. He has gained his experience in commercial law through company operations, the analysis and drafting of commercial contracts, matters pertaining to Board of Directors’ Secretariat, and insolvency proceedings in application of bankruptcy law and capital company law.
Pablo also gives financial and tax advice to companies undergoing tax proceedings such as inspections, collections, final demands, appeals for reversal and economic-administrative claims, following the processes up to final and binding resolution.
His experience in civil and procedural law has been centred on advisory services and the drafting of claims in declaratory and executive proceedings in his capacity as lawyer of the Spanish Courts and Tribunals.
Pablo also has solid experience in the preparation and filing of all types of briefs, appeals and claims defending the interests of retail and professional investors who lost their investments due to the resolution of Banco Popular Español, S.A. adopted on 7 June 2017 by the Single Resolution Board (SRB). Pablo intervenes both in legal proceedings (i) against Banco Popular, S.A. (now Banco Santander, S.A.) before the Spanish Courts and Tribunals, in all judicial instances, as well as (ii) against the SRB and the European Commission before the Court of Justice of the European Union.
Pablo’s experience in different arbitral proceedings includes the following:
Domestic, institutional arbitration with the ICC (International Chamber of Commerce) between an investment company and a Spanish acting as the Arbitral Tribunal’s official secretary: drafting of Terms of Reference and procedural calendar; drafting of procedural orders and other communications; organization of hearings; dispatch of communications to the Parties and the ICC and attendance at the arbitral hearing.
Domestic, institutional arbitration with the ICC between a leading Spanish insurance company and a Spanish savings bank.
Domestic, institutional arbitration with CIMA (Civil and Mercantile Court of Arbitration) between a savings bank and a Spanish bank.
Pablo has also participated as Party counsel in a domestic, institutional arbitration with the ICC between two construction companies.
- “La responsabilidad de los administradores en el concurso de acreedores: responsabilidad de la sociedad matriz como administrador de hecho” (“Administrator responsibility in insolvency proceedings: Head Office responsibility as de facto administrator”). This article was submitted for the José María Cervelló Award in 2009 (available at http://www.cremades.com/publi.htm).